Carpet Cleaning Aberdeen – Frequently Asked Questions
If you just had your carpet cleaned or thinking about having your carpet cleaned then this article will answer some of the questions you may have.
After 15 years in the carpet cleaning business the following are a few of the main questions we have been asked after cleaning a home owners carpet.
1. How long will it take for my carpet to dry? Usually between 2 to 4 hours depending on how soiled the carpets are. The more soiled the carpet is, the more solution is needed, the longer the drying time will be. To speed up the drying time, set your thermostat “fan” setting to “on,” turn on all ceiling fans and open window blinds to allow the direct sunlight in. Do not open windows or doors on wet or humid days. This allows outside moisture in and will slow the drying process.
2. Can I walk on the carpet after it has been cleaned? It is best to stay off the carpet until dry, although often times this is not possible. If it is necessary to walk on the carpet after cleaning, ask your carpet technician for a complimentary pair of shoe covers or use slippers.
3. My carpet is a stain resistant carpet. Is it necessary to reapply a carpet protector? Carpet stain blockers do wear over a period of time. Carpet manufacturers recommend that you reapply a carpet protector each time you have your carpet cleaned. To protect your carpet investment, ask your technician about our Scotchguard Carpet Protector.
4. What about stains that keep coming back? There is nothing that any Carpet Cleaning Company can do to prevent stains from reappearing. Stains that keep coming back are a result of spills such as coffee, pop or pet stains that have gone into the backing. The stain “wicks” its way up from the backing, through the carpet fiber and to the surface. If a stain is going to “wick” after cleaning, it will usually do so the following day. If this happens you can call us on 01224 961714 or 01467 625301 to schedule an appointment for a technician to come out and remove the stain at a nominal charge.
5. If a stain comes back, how can I remove it myself? You can purchase one of our bottles of spot cleaner. . Spray the mixture on the stain. Using a white terry towel place it over the stain and apply pressure for 20 seconds. then dab, don’t rub, until stain starts to lift, repeat as necessary .
6. How often do I need to have my carpet cleaned? Carpet manufacturers require that your carpet be cleaned by a professional using the steam cleaning method every 12 months in order to maintain the warranty. However, some heavily traveled areas such as hallways and other traffic areas may require more frequent cleaning. If you have children or pets, you may need to have your carpet cleaned more often.
I hope this article has helped you with some of the most common questions asked concerning carpet cleaning and what to expect after having your carpets cleaned. If you have any questions that may not have been covered feel free to contact us on 01224 961714 or 01467 625301 or visit us online @ www.kleenallfloors.co.uk